Seed enhancement is a range of treatments of seeds that improves their performance after harvesting and conditioned, but before they are sown.
What We Do
Incotec is a seed enhancement specialist. We have been specialising in seed treatment since 1968. The aim is to improve seed quality. We select, protect and improve. We work with seed for field crops and vegetables. Getting the utmost out of seed is what makes us proud. The seed enhancement work we do, contributes significantly to the development of sustainable agriculture. Our solutions support the huge efforts of seed companies, breeders, growers and farmers. Our headquarters are in Enkhuizen in the Netherlands and we have research and production facilities all around the world.
Incotec has various innovative technologies that improve the resilience and performance of seeds. These range from cleaning, upgrading and priming (pre-germination) to pelleting, film coating and encrusting. We have a great deal of knowledge not only in the field of biology and physiology (the seed), but in technique and formulations too. That is what makes us the experts in combining the living seed with different coatings and other products such as plant protection products and nutrients.
In India, we have a huge range of products and technologies - each designed to meet your specific needs. From facilities in India Incotec serves local solutions that help growers get the best out of their crop. How? With bespoke solutions designed to overcome specific challenges and that are following 7 Technology.
7 INCOTEC technologies
- Upgrading: Removing seeds of lower quality raises the overall quality of the seed lot using different technology platforms of seed separations.
- Priming: Under controlled conditions germination is triggered and then brought to a standstill at just the right stage. It is known as pregerminated seed technology as well where Seeds after priming are capable to grow in any given unfavorable climatic condition at almost double speed of emergence and doubled Vigor to grow.
- Seed Hygiene: Treatments that reduce or eliminate micro-organisms (e.g. fungi, bacteria) in/on the seed to give birth to healthy seedlings and least mortality.
- Film Coating: Application of a very thin layer of polymer, possibly mixed with an active or additive, with virtually no change in size or weight in order to add real value on each and every seed.
- Encrusting and Pelleting: Adapting the shape of seeds by putting a layer of coating material on it. More uniform shape and size of the seeds to facilitate precision sowing and to increase seed space to add more actives ingredients per seed.
- Actives and Additives: Application of actives and additives integrated in the seed coating. Incotec is expert in applied seed technology to deliver any given molecules / biological etc in precise way to each and every seed without affecting basic seed quality and in most efficient manner.
- Analytical and R&D services: NABL Accredited Seed Testing Service Provider and Provide R&D Services to support customers Seed technological need.
With an ever-growing population and the yield per seed and per square meter becoming increasingly important, Incotec's products offer the basis for the most efficient and effective way of growing seeds with added value in most sustainable way