Healthcare Newsletter – November 2016
Sathguru Foot Print
Biosimilars—how can we realize the $240 Bn Opportunity?
Excerpts from our white paper:
Market Potential: Global market projected to reach $ 240 Bn by 2030 in the optimistic scenario and the Indian domestic market could be north of $ 35 Bn.
Competitive Landscape: Goliath Vs. Goliath Challenge – Late stage regulated market pipelines dominated by MNCs. Intense competition in RoW markets expected to consolidate; More companies expected to break into regulated markets through collaboration models
Critical elements for success:
- Technology partnerships to accelerate time to market
- Derisk coinvestment partnerships to break investment barrier for regulated markets
- Collaborative approaches to accelerate market expansion in India and other RoW markets
Mandates—ongoing assignments and partnering opportunities
- Strategic partnerships and exit opportunities for neonate cooler
- Out licensing – improved version of blockbuster onco drug
- In-licensing – marketing partnership for an animal vaccine firm
- Out-licensing – repurposed imaging agent